Saturday 19 September 2015

Day 1 - Fit Test and Relief

Well that was ok.  A 20 minute fitness test, followed by some stretching.

The fit test from the Insanity workout, so is fairly easy going.  However my lack of exercise in the last six weeks has certainly affected my stamina, so half way through I was starting to struggle.  My results in the first five exercises (switch kicks, power jacks, power knees and power jumps) were pretty close to the last time I ran through these tests back in May, but I was nowhere near that level of fitness for the final three exercises (suicide jumps, pushup jacks and low lack oblique).


The stretching felt great.  The relief video is from Asylum, so requires a slightly higher level of flexibility than the Insanity stretches, but left me feeling good about the hybrid workout.  It's hopefully designed to look after my muscles as well as kick my butt.
 

Cardio Recovery tomorrow - That will be nice and gentle :)



No comments:

Post a Comment